Friday, February 10, 2012

Mini Me

Almost two years ago I was very surprised to meet Ashley.  Not because her birth was unexpected---the C-section had been on the books for weeks.  More so, because Ben and I both were almost 100% convinced that SHE was really a HE.  I had felt the entire pregnancy that it was a boy.  Although we suspected our ultrasound tech "slipped" when referring the baby as "her" we still were confident that we were about to meet Josh on that Friday morning........boy, were we surprised to hear, "It's a GIRL!"  I was immediately overcome with emotion as most moms are and couldn't believe I was about to embark on raising sisters.

Although Ashley slept the first six months of her life away, it didn't take long for us to realize that she was my "mini me" in so many ways.  Now that she is about to turn two years old, I truly am at a loss to describe how much she's changed my life.  She has brought so much spunk, attitude, and trouble to it!!!!  But all in a good way.  She really is the most hysterical person I've ever met (and while I think it's adorable now, I know when the teachers start calling I won't think it's so funny).  The way she can look at me and smile just melts me heart.........or tells me to start singing to her.......and which song it can or cannot be......or tells me to stop singing.........or the way she runs through the house with her arms behind her as if she's a ski jumper about to take flight.........or the way she tells her Bible verses and sings "This Little Light of Mine"....or the way she looks at me and says, "Love you mommy". 

Gosh, my little Bo-bash is becoming a big kid.  She filled a hole in my heart I didn't even know I had.  I love you bo-bash!! Have a wonderful birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment