Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Front Row Seats

Aren't front row seats amazing?  You're up close and personal to all the action?  You can sometimes even catch a sneak peak "backstage" to see what is going on behind the scenes....there's something thrilling about being right up front. 

The past month I have had front row seats to one of God's best miracles in my life.  My arms have been outstretched in praise to the miracle we witnessed in saving my mom's life.  It's been a tough few months, I won't lie.  I never doubted God's presence.  In fact, I felt it more than I ever have before.  I remember telling a close friend (who is also going through a difficult season in her life) that I really didn't feel like God was telling me mom was going to be okay---He just kept telling me that I would be okay.  That scared me and comfoted me all at the same time.

But now we are on the other side.  She's cancer free.  She's home from the hospital.  She's healing from surgery.  She's back to walking a couple miles a day.  She's babysitting my kids.  She's even back to being annoyed at my dad----life is truly back to normal.

It was my job while she was hospitalized to keep our friends and family updated through emails.  My mom is probably one of the most amazing people I know.  She clearly touches a lot of lives.  These are snippets from some of the emails I received from her friends:

...humbled
...looking heavenward with huge smiles and overflowing gratefulness in our hearts
....God is SO good, n matter the earthly circumstance
...a walking miracle
...woo-hoo
...thank god
...prayers of praise and thanksgiving for all HE has done
...the news keeps getting better and better
...giving thanks and singing the Lord's praises for the news
...Praise God
...God is AWESOME
...Amazing Grace
...Praising our Great Physician for the outcome of her surgery and that she has done so well.  He is ABLE!!!!!
...I cried tears of joy!  It is  going to be okay
...she's an inspiration



So yes, my arms are oustretched in praise as we humbly give thanks for the outcome we've been given.  God is so good and I'm beyond grateful that I had front row seats to this miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment