Thursday, March 22, 2012

HOPE

Have you ever wondered why God allows us endure hardships?  Every once in awhile I admit that I question God's timing or reasoning.  I know I shouldn't, but I do.  I wonder why my single friends aren't married........I wonder why those who desperately want kids aren't blessed with them........I wonder why little kids suffer and die............those types of things. 

This has been a season of trusting God and learning patience.  A few weeks ago our family heard the dreaded "C" word.  We were shocked and admittedly devastated to hear that the doctor thought my mom had cancer.   I think we all cried the entire weekend.  It wasn't about "why god?" but more of "what will I do without her" mentality.  If I think of it too long, it can still bring me to tears.  She started to pray for hope---and boy is that what God gave her.

Over the past few weeks she has endured a million tests of every kind..........and every single one came back with good news. Sometimes, startling good news.  It was all so surreal and bizarre.  Every test result provided more and more hope.  However, today the cancer diagnosis was confirmed.  Surgery looms ahead.  A tough recovery looms ahead.  But every step along the way God has provided hope.  He continues to do so.  We rejoice that the team of doctors think this is the "best case scenario" she could've had.  We rejoice that if all goes according to plan, they will remove the tumor and she will be cancer free.  We rejoice in so many things.  But right now, most of all, I rejoice in my babysitter getting meningitis.

Huh?

Many of you know Jenni came down with meningitis in December while visiting her family in Texas.  She was so incredibly sick and beyond miserable.  Her recovery was taking such a long time and she was struggling with it on many levels.  Everyone tried to encourage her but not really understanding why God allowed her to be knocked to the ground.  As I told her today, God not only allowed it, but he orchestrated it.  Jenni getting sick saved my mom's life.

Huh?

My mom was supposed to get her annual physical in January.  But Jenni was sick.  So my mom was full time daycare.  Not knowing how long Jenni would be out my mom made her appointment for a day in Feburary when I was off school.  February happens to be "heart health month".  My mom's cholesterol was high.  They wanted to put her on medicine.  She didn't want it.  The doctor sent her for a heart screening of some kind because it was heart month  and the results would dictate the need for medicine.  The screening came back fine for her heart.....but revealed the tumor.  So what does all this have to do with Jenni?  If Jenni had been healthy, my mom would've gone to the doctor in January and the doctor NEVER would've recommended the heart screening.....and the tumor would never have been found until I am sure it was way too late. 

So the next time you are wondering what God's plan really is or how is God going to use any of these hard times you're going through for his glory............just remember Jenni and my mom. 
 Her meningitis was my miracle!

1 comment:

  1. And I would do it all over again! :)

    Love you and your whole family! Praising God for your mom's healing...

    ReplyDelete